Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Phantom Ball 2014

On January 25, I attended the 11th Annual Phantom Ball in Texarkana. This event is a fundraiser that helps Temple Memorial Rehabilitation Center raise funds for children with disabilities. I helped with the live auction, plus had a great time enjoying the food, dancing, and company! There was also a silent auction. The 5 items I was able to get donated were successfully auctioned off, and I went home with a couple of items myself!! The night was a huge success!!
Each year a child is chosen as Temple Memorial Rehabilitation Center kid of the year. This year, precious Chloe was chosen! She has been a part of Temple since she was only a few months old. I enjoyed hearing her parent's testimony of how much of a difference the therapists at Temple have made in Chloe's life, helping her achieve goals many doctor's thought would never be possible. If you missed the Phantom Ball this year, make sure to attend next January! Tons of fun for a great cause!!


Chloe and I 

My friend Kristie, me, and my mom 

Kristie and I with Frank, a previous Phantom (The criteria for "Phantom" is one who gives generously of their time and financial support to the Temple Center and the community of Texarkana. The Phantom hosts the ball.)


Mallori (Miss DFW's Outstanding Teen) and I with the lead singer of Vintage 15, the awesome live band!! 

And here's a flashback for you!! When I was Miss Teen Texarkana 2005, The Phantom Ball was my very first appearance!! I was only 13. 

As always, thanks for stopping by!!
Klancy 

No comments:

Post a Comment