Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My first blog post!

Well here it goes, my first (of hopefully many) blog posts! To be honest, I'm probably one of the least tech-savvy people you know. If the remote isn't working correctly I'm just about ready to toss it across the room. However, I have found this is a great way to tell people about myself, my goals, and my mission as Miss White River 2014 as I vie for the title of Miss Arkansas! I can't wait to share my journey with you!

My name is Klancy Johnson. I'm a 22 year old student in the nursing program at Texarkana College. I have taken dance for 17 years and have extensive training in ballet, tap, jazz, and acrobatics. I'm currently a Graduate Dance Instructor at Judith McCarty School of Dancing where I have been assisting and teaching dance classes for over 8 years. I have also been singing on stage since the age of 6. I have won many awards and I debuted my own original album at the age of 13. I started competing in the Miss America System at the age of 13. In Miss Teen Arkansas 2005 I won the preliminary talent award and placed in the top 13. In the three years that followed I placed in the top 10 at the state level. In 2011 I started to vie for the title of Miss Arkansas as Miss Diamond Lakes in 2011. I won the alpha interview award at Miss Arkansas. I competed in Miss Arkansas in 2013 as Miss Texarkana. I won the preliminary lifestyle and fitness award in swimsuit as well as placed in the top 10. I'm a huge advocate for this scholarship program!! 

So that's just a tad bit of information about me! As you may notice, the title of my blog is "Think Pink: Breast Cancer...You're Never Too Young". I can't wait to share my story with you as well as my commitment to breast cancer awareness. 

But for now, back to studying! Thanks for stopping by!

Love, 
Klancy 

2 comments: