Thursday, January 23, 2014

Money talks

"It's 2 o'clock in the morning...studying is abhorring....my brain doesn't have much more room....can I please go to bed soon"

Don't get me wrong, I am so very glad I'm in nursing school and I am completely confident that I will love my job once I graduate. But, If you know me, you know I take sleep very seriously. Tuesday was the first day of the spring semester and it is already pedal to the metal. As I was singing that little song as visions of care plans danced in my head, I forgot just for a moment how fortunate I am. I attend one of the top 100 nursing schools in the nation...and I haven't paid a dime for my first year's tuition and books. You read that right. ZERO. And there are plenty of students who would gladly take my spot in the program in a New York minute.

Again, I am a huge advocate for the Miss America Program and how they empower young women. One of the many wonderful things the Miss Arkansas organization has done for me is provide me with over $5300 in scholarships!!! And that is only within this last year!! I am so very thankful for the opportunity to further my education and pursue my dream of becoming a nurse. The Miss Arkansas Scholarship Organization has made it a reality. So, with that said, I'll humbly go back to preparing for my clinical day.

Here is a picture of me in my scrubs on my first day of school. (Yes, my mother still demands a first day of school photo). My parents are proud, and very thankful for the Miss Arkansas Organization, too!!

Thanks again for stopping by!
Klancy


No comments:

Post a Comment