Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Long time, no see

Hey everyone! I hate that I've been MIA lately, but luckily that's about to change!! I've been incredibly busy with finishing my first year of nursing school (all As and Bs...WOO HOO!!!), preparing my students for dance recital, teaching swimming lessons, making appearances as Miss White River, and preparing for Miss Arkansas! Fortunately, sleep and I have reunited once again, and I will have a little more time to write about what I've been up to lately plus a few thoughts I toss around in my head!

One thing is for certain...I, Klancy Diane Johnson, truly appreciate the value of a dollar. I have had a job since I was 14 years old. I have been a waitress, hostess, office assistant, nanny, dog sitter, swimming instructor, maid, and pageant consultant- just to name a few!! During the school year, while also going to nursing school full time, I worked part time as a graduate dance instructor. Since the summer has started I've begun teaching group and private swimming lessons for the sixth summer and next week I will start back babysitting two adorable kiddos for the fifth summer. Even though sometimes I envision what it may be like to get to veg out and watch Netflix all day, I wouldn't have it any other way. The life experiences I've gained in the many years I've been in the workforce are priceless.

I am goal driven and an extremely hard worker. I am organized and can juggle a busy schedule. I make out a budget for each month to ensure I can pay my bills and maybe have a little to put in my savings account. (To be honest, my bank account has had as low as $0.23 before. #thestrugglebus)
I also know how to make sacrifices for what I need and want. I've worked extra hours to pay for what sponsors didn't cover for my expenses for Miss Arkansas. I know how to stretch the dollar and make every penny count.

That being said, I have a great appreciation for those who donate money as well as various services and goods to the Miss Arkansas Organization. I know how hard they had to work for that money, and how much they must believe in me as a contestant to invest in my future and want to be a part of helping me further my education. As Miss Arkansas I would work hard to ensure our current sponsors know how appreciated they are, as well as increase the number of sponsors we had. Without the help of so many, the Miss America Organization would not be here today. As a titleholder I view my position as a real job, and look at things from a business stand point. I want to see this scholarship organization continue to grow and provide thousands of dollars to women across the state. My first year of nursing school was completely paid for using the scholarship money I won through the Miss Arkansas Organization, and I will forever be grateful!

I would like to end this post by saying a huge THANK YOU to everyone who has bought a ticket to go to Hot Springs and support me in a couple of weeks! I cannot adequately put into words how much that means to me!! If you have not ordered your tickets but would like to go, the pageant is Wednesday June 18- Saturday June 21. I am in group C, so I will be competing in swimsuit on Wednesday, evening gown on Thursday, talent on Friday, and finals are on Saturday night. You can go to ticketmaster and purchase tickets for individual nights or buy a season ticket to attend all 3 preliminary nights plus final night on Saturday! If you are a member of a cheer squad, you get in free on Wednesday and Thursday! All you have to do is wear your uniform! If you are in a fraternity, sorority, or social club you can get in free Friday night and Saturday night as long as you're wearing your letters (t-shirt, button, etc)! I hope to see you all there!!

Thanks for stopping by,
Klancy

No comments:

Post a Comment